Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Epix Road To The Winter Classic Episode 2 Recap

I enjoyed this episode a lot more than the first episode.  To me, it felt more dramatic and reminded me of the HBO format.  The things I liked in the episode was a couple things I had no idea about.  I didn't know that Ovechkin bumped country music in the locker rooms before games.  I always pictured Ovi as a rock type guy.

From the first episode I really liked Caps coach Barry Trotz and his son's relationship.  Back in high school, I was an officer of Best Buddies because as a kid with ADHD, I wanted to help out others that had disabilities.  It was nice to see how Trotz has helped his son, who has down syndrome, adjust to life in DC after moving from Nashville.  In that second episode Trotz and his son picked up where they left off.  In the very beginning of the episode, the Caps and their families had a skate and holiday party at their practice facility.  They showed Trotz and his son, Nolan skating together.

As far as the action on the ice, it was amazing showing the elements of the game.  Like when they showed the 20 round shootout to the Florida Panthers, a very exciting yet stressful game to watch.  I also liked when they had the Caps wins against the Blue Jackets and the Devils including one of Ovechkin's dirtiest goals of his career.

On the Blackhawks side they showed their games as well as a holiday party of their own.  But the one thing that stuck me the most was when they did a segment on their assistant equipment manager Clint Reif.  Then towards the end of the episode we find out that he passed away on Sunday at the age of 34.   The cause of the death is still unknown.

All in all, I enjoyed the second episode and I expect the final two to be even better as the Winter Classic is almost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment